Sunday 24 June 2012

Watsons (Taman Maluri Jusco) Haul

And today, I proudly present my haul from F.O.S. (at Viva) and Watsons and Daiso (at the Taman Maluri Jusco)! Just like yesterday's haul, I have no idea why today's haul isn't that fantastic - I just didn't like most of the things I saw. Am hoping that tomorrow will be different. I still have to hit Times Square and Sungei Wang before I head back to Singapore, so I'm crossing my fingers on being able to get better hauls in the next few days. Full haul post and more pictures after the jump!


Third row, from L-R:

Essence Glossy Lipbalm in Berry Sorbet [I have it in Pink Dragonfruit and love it] (RM4.90)
Essence Bronzing Compact Powder (Matt) in 02 Love To Be Matt (RM15.90)
2 X Daiso Rose Jewelry Lip in No. 54 Soft Scarlet (RM5)


Second row, from L-R:

Bloop H202 (2 minis for RM12)
Bloop H522 (2 minis for RM12)
Essence 48 Meet Me Now! (RM6.90)
Rimmel 610 Pompous (RM10.71)
Bloop H132 (RM8.90) 
Revlon Lip Butter in 086 Macaroon (RM22.50 - that's only S$9 omg!)
Revlon Lip Butter in 070 Cherry Tart (RM22.50)
Revlon Lip Butter in 085 Sugar Plum (RM22.50)


Front row (and fully deserving of it):

Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Transferproof Lip Tint + Balm (RM26.91 - S$10.76 holy smokes), which has fast become my HG lip tint. I am going to get (almost) all the other shades of this lip tint, I kid you not.

Now for a closer look at what I got and some comments. First up, Bloop polishes. I was in F.O.S. at Viva when I spotted the two Bloop minis. I was so excited to see them as I didn't know that Bloop sold minis. There was a "RM2 off second bottle" promotion going on, so I got two minis and they rang up to RM12, which is insanely cheap for nail polish. Each bottle contains 6ml of nail polish, which is rather small compared to the full-sized bottles (13ml for RM8.90), but since there was the promotion, I decided to get it. The full-sized bottle of H132 is a very interesting shade of pearlescent purple with a strong green duochrome. I'm hoping it will translate well on the nail.

L-R: H202, H522, H132

Macro shot of H202:


I have had this beauty in my stash for quite a while due to last year's Malaysia haul, and I love it to death. Just look at that baby blue glitter in a sea of red glitter and a dark cherry-coloured translucent base! It is gorgeous, and one of my favourite polishes of all time. Also check out some holo goodness from H522 on the right. H522 really resembles Butter LONDON Knackered, but H522 seems to have larger glitter particles. I will have to do a comparison soon. Psst, one of these lovely polishes will be included in my upcoming giveaway! Do "like" Cherchez Beauté on Facebook to get updates on giveaways and more!

Next up, Daiso Lip Jewelry in No. 54 Soft Scarlet. I remember seeing someone's post on this and wondering why the Daisos in Singapore didn't stock this product. Finally managed to snag it! And guess what? I snagged two of the same thing. I wonder what that means ;)


 Next in the line up, products from one of my favourite cosmetics brands: Essence.

48 Meet Me Now!, Bronzing Compact Powder Matt
(02 Love To Be Matt), Glossy Lipbalm (Berry Sorbet)

Essence Meet Me Now! is a lovely warm leaning/yellow-toned dirty lavender. Essence Colour & Go polishes are usually one coaters, so I'm looking forward to a smooth application of this lovely colour. I was so glad to finally get the Bronzing Compact (Matt)! I love Essence products as they're effective and affordable, and have high hopes for this bronzer. As for the Essence Glossy Lipbalm in Berry Sorbet (smells divine, by the way) - I'm just getting a back up in case my Essence Glossy Lipbalm in Pink Dragonfruit runs out.

Almost done but not quite. Here we have Revlon Lip Butters in Macaroon, Cherry Tart and Sugar Plum. The best thing about these - they effectively cost S$9 after the currency conversion. I was screaming for joy (in my head) when I realised how cheap these were sold over here. Definitely stocking up on more colours!



And last but definitely not least, Rimmel 610 Pompous and Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Transferproof Lip Tint. 




I bought the lip tint on a whim, partly because it looked quite popular and partly because I felt like it. I swear it was women's intuition because when I went back, the first lip product I tried on was this, and I instantly fell in love with it. I had always wanted to try lip tints but never got around to buying Benetint or The Body Shop's lip tints because of the price. This lip tint is ah-may-zing and cost me a mere S$11. You know how some products make you feel like you've struck gold once in a blue moon? Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Transferproof Lip Tint is my gold at the end of the lip tint rainbow. There's even a lip balm at the other end of the lip tint. A lip balm!! (pardon my excitement) I'm shedding tears of gratitude for this crazy awesome lip tint and am going to buy the heck out of all the different shades available and maybe I'll give one to a lucky reader who participates in my upcoming giveaway ;)

That's all I have for you tonight, folks. Regular posting on the My Beauty and Skincare Travel Essentials Series will be back soon as I catch my breath from all that shopping! Before that, check out the first post in that series about my HG sunscreen, the La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50+ Fluide Extreme. Ciao for now!

Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .