Wednesday 13 June 2012

Cherchez Beauté receives the One Lovely Blog Award


A big thank you to the lovely Yadu for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! It's my first blog award (!!) so this is quite exciting.


Nomination Rules

1. Post the award image to your blog

2. Link the person who has awarded you

3. Post 7 random things about yourself

4. Nominate 8 other relatively new blogs


7 Random Things About Me

1. I love make up, nail polish and fashion, but on a normal day in the holidays, I spend more time in my PJs than in my full regalia (yes, it's unglamorous but true).

2. I recently got my Fujifilm FinePix X10 and it's become my new baby. She's called Xanthe (it's a Greek name/word), and I've been taking her out to shoot some photos, which I will post on here soon!


3. I haven't read the newspapers in months... Don't stone me! I just don't feel the need to when my parents/friends spout a constant stream of news updates, which I just imbibe.

4. I am jobless for the summer. While my friends are complaining about work and colleagues, I am whining about having no income and being forced to stay in most of the time. But I'm glad I have more time for my first love - blogging! That's why I've been updating so frequently.

5. I'm rather short - less than 1.6m, if you were wondering. I remember that my friend once said I had the "model look" but it was a pity I was too short to be one. I wonder about that sometimes.

6. Today I just went on an Essence spree. Bought a lip lacquer, highlighter powder, translucent loose powder and two nail duos. I love Essence! When I head to Switzerland, I will be in Essence heaven (Essence is a German brand) and I will post tons of Essence pictures and make all the girls here jealous.

7. Cherchez Beauté went live on Facebook pretty recently and you should "like" me there because I post updates very frequently! About 3 times a day at least. Oh and just follow me on twitter too at @cherchezbeaute. You won't regret it, trust me.


8 Other Blogs I've Nominated

1. Ariane from The Frenzied Polisher - special shout out to you for being so supportive of my blog!

2. I would nominate my beauty blogger friend, but her blog's not really up yet, pity!

3. Chu Fang from Food for the Soul - new local food blogger on the block!

4. I really can't think of any relatively new blogs, so if you want to nominate yourself, do leave a comment here and let me know.

Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .