Thursday 14 June 2012

Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Toner Review and Pictures

[EDITED: 16/5/2013]

My skincare routine has changed since this post was written, and instead of using the Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out range for oily/combination skin, I'm currently using the Naruko Rose & Snow Fungus range for dry/combination skin. I still use the Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Toner with in the cleansing mode of my Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool though, as it has a nice watery texture that allows the HadaCRiE to cleanse my face more thoroughly.

Do note that I don't recommend the use of a physical scrub (e.g. Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Clay Cleanser) anymore, as I find liquid exfoliants (e.g. Salicylic acid/BHA) to be more effective and less abrasive. I still use the Naruko Clay Cleanser as a "clay mask" to soothe inflamed pimples though.

---

Today's review will be on Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Toner, which is an essential part of both my day and nighttime skincare routines. Read on to find out how to use it!


My daily facial skincare routine:

Daytime
2. Apply Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Toner
4. Apply Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Balancing Moisturiser
5. Apply Naruko Narcissus Defense BB Sunscreen SPF50★★★★

Nighttime
2. Apply Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Toner
5. Apply Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Balancing Serum
6. Applt Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Balancing Moisturiser
6. Apply Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Night Gelly or Naruko Narcissus Total Defense Night Gelly


Why do I need toner?

I know that some of you think toner isn't as important as facial cleanser and moisturiser. This is a misconception! Toner is used to clean off excess dirt that has not been removed by the cleanser, tighten pores and prepare for the application of moisturiser. This particular Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Toner contains witch hazel and Poria Cocos extract to soothe and tighten skin while eliminating dull skin and minor scarring, and is best for normal/combination/oily skin with excess oil, large pores, blackheads and acne problems.



How to use it

1. Dispense a 20-cent sized amount of toner onto a cotton pad.

Here I'm using Eture side-sealed cotton pads to demonstrate. Usually, I use the Naruko Facial White Illuminating Cotton Pads (has an exfoliating side) in the daytime to apply both the toner and the Balancing Moisturiser, which I will be reviewing in the upcoming Part IV of the My Skincare Routine Series.

2. Grip the cotton pad like this (refer to picture below) while applying toner to ensure that the toner is applied evenly to the face.


3. Gently wipe the face with the cotton pad in circular motions. Wipe, pat and press the face until the toner is fully absorbed. Repeat and concentrate on the T-zone for additional oil control.


4. In the past, I thought that using one cotton pad of toner was enough to completely clean my face of dirt and oil before applying moisturiser. This was WRONG. Look at the picture below. You can see that there are traces of dirt even after 3 cotton pads of toner were used. Basically, you should apply toner until you don't see any dirt on the cotton pad when you're done. Oh, and don't forget to apply toner on your neck! Lots of dirt there too that can clog up the pores and cause unsightly pimples.


5. Once the toner is full absorbed into the face (give it about half a minute), apply moisturiser and your other facial care products.


Ingredients



My Recommendations

Since I'm using the Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out line and have found it very effective at keeping my oily skin and acne outbreaks under control, I would recommend you to use this product in tandem with the other Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out products that I've mentioned. They aren't very expensive, and are easily available locally. One bottle contains 150ml of toner, and should easily last you a few months if you don't accidentally drop the bottle/spill toner (which I've done, unfortunately).

Naruko products are free of parabens, preservatives, artificial ingredients and colouring, in addition to being cruelty-free, so I would definitely recommend this toner as part of the Naruko product range.

Follow the link to read more about the Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Toner at Naruko.sg.


Where do I purchase it and how much does it cost?

Watson's pharmacies all carry the Naruko product line, but this particular product is not available at Watsons. You can get it from the Naruko SG website, where the full range of Naruko products are sold (international shipping is not available). It costs S$22.90 for 1 and the value pack (includes two Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Toners) costs S$43.90. You can also opt to purchase it as part of a set (including cleanser etc), just head down to the Tea Tree Oil Out range in the Naruko SG website for the full range of products.


Stationery

Naruko products can be converted into stationery, as I've shown in my previous posts on Naruko Marjoram and Lavender Brightening Eye Cream and Classical Whitening Night Eye Gelly and Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Clay Cleanser. This one is a cute little pencil case.



Let's Break It Down

Product Name: Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Acne Toner
Product type: Toner (tea tree)
Amount of product: 150ml
Price per product: S$22.90
Comments: Use it to clean excess dirt, tighten pores and prepare for moisturiser. Eliminates dull skin and minor scarring. Best for normal/combination/oily skin with excess oil, large pores, blackheads and acne problems.
Where to buy: Naruko SG
To buy or not to buy: If you're using the other products in the Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out line, this would be a necessity. It's a great and inexpensive toner that is free of parabens, preservatives, artificial ingredients and colouring, in addition to being cruelty-free, so I would wholeheartedly recommend it.

Product approved 5/5.

Disclaimer: I was not paid, sponsored nor influenced by external sources when reviewing this product. My opinions as expressed in the review are 100% my own.


Upcoming review: Naruko ampm All Day No Shine Sebum Balancer. I've been testing out this product for a week already, and it's a star performer and multi-tasker. I just need to apply a tiny amount of it after I apply toner and that's it, no need for more products! Great for busy people on the go.

Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .