Monday 20 May 2013

My Week on Instagram: 13 - 19 May 2013

13 May 2013


Used my Bare Minerals foundation the day before, and look how much dirt still remained until the next day! Thank goodness I used my Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool.


14 May 2013

Watched A Scanner Darkly again. It's one of my fave Philip K. Dick books that was made into a movie, and is also one of my fave movies because of the rotoscoping. Also, a rotoscoped RDJ blowing smoke rings. 'Nuff said.


Yup, this movie ain't animated. They had to film the whole thing then process it in a painstaking manner. Keanu Reeves was the main character and... I'm not going to spoil it for you! It's pretty mindblowing though, as is most of PKD's work. If you haven't cottoned on to this already, I'm quite a big sci-fi buff :)


Look at poor, sad Keanu in his scramble suit. Just want to give him a big ol' hug when I see that face.


15 May 2013

Honey Stung Chicken at Morganfield's

Ate at Morganfield's, a restaurant at The Star (at Buona Vista). Love the ambience there! It's so chill and perfect for hanging out with a couple of friends. The food - especially the ribs - is quite good. I loved the Honey Stung Chicken that I ordered. The chicken was tender on the inside and was très perfect when paired with the mustard sauce. The fries were also done very well; crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside! I'll definitely do a proper review soon.


16 May 2013


Saw this sign on the bus and almost burst out laughing! It's true that Singaporeans don't really like moving in to the back of the bus and can tend to be a bit insensitive to others. This sign really takes the cake for being the funniest sign I've seen so far though.


18 May 2013


Ate a lovely brunch of Baked Egg and Toast Soldiers at Café Epicurious at Rail Mall. Don't be deceived by the size of the portion - it's very filling as beneath that layer of egg are strips of bacon as well as mushrooms and tomato chunks. I loved the potatoes, and the slice of watermelon was a healthy touch to the meal. I'd definitely recommend Café Epicurious as a nice, chill brunch place.


19 May 2013


Had a long day today beginning with Blueprint in the late morning/early afternoon. I was there on a media invitation by JOOIX, and also browsed the other stores and bought this lovely dress from Malaysian designer Cassey Gan. I love, love, love it so much, from the silkscreen painting middle portion, to the lovely sheer black bottom, to the slit up the leg that reminds me of a cheongsam, and - this is the best part - how airy and light it feels when I wear it. The colour combination is just amazing too. I'll do a post on Blueprint/my dress soon, complete with pictures and everything!

Tea at Antoinette

After a nice lunch at Din Tai Fung, I went to Antoinette for tea with my friends. We went to the original Lavender branch as the other branches in the Orchard area are likely to be crowded in the weekends. I loved the strawberry coulis with vanilla ice cream. This vanilla ice cream is high-quality stuff with a really nice vanilla flavour - nothing like the usual bland and sweet fare. I also had a Crab Suzette (crab pasta done aglio olio style) and it was pretty good, only a little oily/salty for me. This was my first time at Antoinette and I'm definitely coming back for seconds.

Hope you had a great week!

Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .