Saturday 4 June 2011

Vintage green purse

Who doesn't like accessories? I sure do! And that's why I'm going to be featuring some of my most-liked accessories and some possibly strange ones on Cherchez Beauté. I often buy quirky looking accessories without regard for the price - I meant the low, low prices I'm used to ;) But I'll admit that I feel a thrill of anticipation and excitement whenever I spot a cheaply priced bargain. Flea markets and vintage stores are right up my alley!

Today' accessory is a lovely vintage green faux-velvet purse, given to me by my lovely Aunt Kat. I have to admit, I've never used it before - it's really small and can barely hold more than an iPhone, but I love it all the same. The colour is very unique, and coupled with its brassy looking metal clasps and chain, adds to the vintage appeal of this lovely purse. I can just imagine toting it around to a garden party, coupled with a lovely summery dress or one with earthy brown and red tones. Pity there hasn't been any garden parties requiring my attendance.

 That's how small the purse is; it's only slightly bigger than my iPhone

Speaking of my iPhone... The picture above was taken when I had just gotten my Vintage top grain leather SGP iPhone 4 case a few months ago. It looks very clean, no? Well, not anymore. It has aged beautifully on the back (no doubt from countless times of holding it in my grubby paws) but the front is relatively patina-less except for a few splotches of darker colour. I'll be reviewing the case soon, so stay tuned!


Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .