Saturday 4 June 2011

The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Nail Polish Remover Review

I'm sure everyone has used nail polish remover before and hated it. Whether because of the smell, or the fact that the nail polish just won't come off! Well, this nail polish remover from The Face Shop will change your mind; read on to find out :)

It looks absolutely lovely too!

I acquired this nail polish remover by accident (one which was quite embarassing, at that). I walked into The Face Shop, originally intending to buy TFS nail polish (they do have some interesting polishes! And I have been putting off doing swatches but will do them soon!) While swatching a few shades onto my nails, I decided to remove some to make room for new swatches. Conveniently enough, a few bottles of the Lovely ME:EX Nail Polish Remover were sitting unboxed and within arm's length. Thinking that one of them was a tester, I removed the cover and proceeded to use cotton wool (kindly supplied nearby) to wipe off the nail polish. Immediately, the salesgirl walked over and told me that I would have to pay for the nail polish remover as it was not a tester. I was mortified (there were other people around) and of course I quickly chose my nail polish and went to the counter to pay.

It was a blessing in disguise, though. Had I not accidentally used the TFS nail polish remover, I wouldn't have bought it as I still had some crappy supermarket brand nail polish remover at home. When I got home, I noticed a sweet fruity scent emanating from my hands. It was the nail polish remover! Reading the back label on the bottle explained it...


"Gentle formula quickly and effectively removes shades of nail color without harsh, drying effects. Berry Mix Complex protects nails, conditions cuticles and leaves sweet strawberry scent"

They're not kidding when it comes to the sweet strawberry scent. I was pleasantly surprised at the sweet, fruity scent that definitely isn't cloying or annoying. Moreover, the smell of the nail polish in the bottle is not as strong as many brands (I tried Sally Hansen before and it's definitely less pungent than Sally Hansen). It's a good nail polish remover as it does the job in about two swipes of remover - better than those supermarket brands *grrr* that need at least 5 swipes over each nail to get the polish off. And the price is just as sweet as its scent; this 100ml bottle of strawberry heaven nail polish remover costs just 4.90 SGD (not including GST).

Another thing I love about The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Nail Polish Remover is its packaging. For one, there's the childproof cap that requires some pressing and twisting to open - great for households with curious little children who open almost anything and everything they can find. Plus the medium-sized translucent plastic bottle and the light pink nail polish remover somehow remind one of cupcake icing and ballet dresses, making a good addition to an already pretty collection of beauty products on your shelf or even for carrying in your bag for travelling! :)


The Verdict

+ Effectively removes nail polish in a short span of time
+ Functional and aesthetically pleasing packaging
+ Lovely strawberry scent upon drying - it does tempt you to keep changing your nail polish every few days!
+ Reasonably priced

- I can't think of any negative points. Except maybe the scent could get addictive and you'll be using it every two days? Heh or maybe you have the urge to chew on your fingernails due to the sweet scent? Nah. There's really nothing bad about it :)

Overall: ♥♥♥♥♥
Product Packaging: ♥♥♥♥♥
Effectiveness: ♥♥♥♥♥
Repurchase value: ♥♥♥♥♥

What do you think of The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX products? I'm definitely going to try the other products in that line soon :)


Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .