Thursday 12 April 2012

Featured: Marvel's The Avengers film

Everyone's been waiting for 1 May 2012.


Because that's when the insanely awesome looking new movie, Marvel's The Avengers, is released! Just check out the trailer below. Does it look awesome or what? Unless you're completely not into action movies, comics or Robert Downey Jr. (for the ladies)/Scarlet Johanssen (for the guys), I seriously doubt you'd be missing this blockbuster.



Marvel's The Avengers is directed by Joss Whedon and will star Marvel super heroes Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), The Incredible Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johanssen). It is based on the Marvel comic book series “The Avengers” first published in 1963 and definitely has a special place in every comic book fan's heart!

While I can't claim to be the greatest comic book fan, my favourite Avenger has got to be Iron Man - and not just because he's being portrayed by Robert Downey Jr. who is serious eye candy. (It was because of him that I ended up catching Iron Man 1 and 2. Yes I will admit that.) I think Iron Man as a character is comparable to Batman. They both don't possess super powers, but have extremely cool gadgets to aid them in restoring justice. I love the Iron Man suit and the very human side of Tony Stark, who is quirky and narcissistic (as expected of a billionaire playboy turned superhero) but still saves the world in the end due to an overriding sense of justice.

Looking all hot and scruffy. But still sexy.

... And right now I will quit indulging my fangirling tendencies towards Tony Stark/Rober Downey Jr. But before I sign off, here's another reason why you should watch Marvel's The Avengers.

For the guys. No need to thank me.

Catch Marvel’s The Avengers in cinemas this 1 May 2012 and like the Official Marvel's The Avengers Singapore Facebook Page and subscribe to Marvel Singapore YouTube Channel!

EDIT: I won two tickets to watch The Avengers, courtesy of Nuffnang SG :)


Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .