Thursday 18 April 2013

I'm now using nRelate instead of LinkWithin

Just a quick update post to let you know that I'm using nRelate instead of LinkWithin for my "related posts" widget now. I read on a few tech sites that LinkWithin is a parasitic widget that leeches internal link juice from the site owner by redirecting posts through LinkWithin before redirecting to the site. Apparently LinkWithin is changing this, but I had my doubts because I was monitoring my referrals and LinkWithin kept appearing. To check, I clicked on a LinkWithin recommended post on my blog, and it did redirect to LinkWithin before directing back to my site. After this lesson I decided to go with nRelate to avoid that sort of thing and boost my SEO. Glad I found out about this - the sooner the better!

Anyway, nRelate's been great and customisable so far, but there's this issue that bugs me. If you take a look at my posts with jumpbreaks (that's the "Read more >>" part that truncates the posts), you'll notice that now the "related posts" widget is above the jumpbreak. You have to click "Read more >>" below the "related posts" widget to get to the rest of the post. It's a tad inconvenient, I know, but nRelate is still fixing this issue at the moment.

I will be back soon with more posts, including my final verdict on the Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool. You should also check out my video demonstration on how to use the Hitachi HadaCRiE Cool if you haven't already. It's my very first video, more to come! \o/

Ta-ta for now!

Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .