Tuesday 19 August 2014

New year new stuff

Well, so this is officially my first proper post after the hiatus. It's strange writing again after so long because I don't quite know where to start, but I'll try. Okay new stuff that has happened:

1) Antelune

As some of you may have noticed, I have a new site: www.antelune.com! It's more of a place where I publish my creative endeavours - fiction, poetry, musings, visual art, music - because somehow it feels strange to post them up here between lifestyle and beauty posts. I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but my life-goal is sort of to be an artist doing mixed media stuff. So basically visual art + performance art. Apart from that, I can write, sing, and play music so hopefully something will come of it. To be honest, I'm not even sure where my abilities will take me, but I'm putting some faith into realising my dreams. Whatever it is I do, I aim to inspire wonder and help others somehow. Not sure how I'm going to do that right now, but I'm believing that it will come to pass.

Oh and as a sidenote, I was thinking a lot during the period when I started Antelune and wasn't sure whether to keep this site because it felt less important. But I figured, heck, let's be real about this. I write, draw, and make music and it's all fine and good, but I also use beauty products and go to events. There's really no point creating this carefully curated image of an artist figure who only posts her works, or a lifestyle/beauty blogger who only posts about more mundane things. I was considering simply posting both types of things on the same site, but decided it would look quite messy, and so Antelune was born. Do visit and leave a comment!

2) Holly

Yes, I have a dog and her name is Holly! We adopted her from A Stray's Life, a private rescue organisation dedicated to saving and feeding stray dogs. They're really nice people, and we took her home on the same day. Here's the very first picture we took of our little princess:


She has really grown up to become one handsome dog and is often mistaken for being a male Doberman/Rottweiler. Heh. We have no idea what her parentage is like, but she likes playing rough so maybe there's some truth to those guesses?



3) Graduation

I've just graduated whoohoo! Happy to say that I survived thesis semester despite all the troubles I faced. If anyone's curious, I got my B. A. in English Literature (Hons) (First Class) so uni definitely ended on a great note.

Right now I'm in the process of getting a job and moving on to the next stage of my life. It hasn't been an easy journey, that's for sure, but I'm glad to have made it to where I am and I'm excited about what the future holds! I'm also grateful for all the friends I've made during these years. I've never been happier in uni than when I was hanging out with a bunch of awesome people and chatting/eating/singing karaoke. I will really miss the times we spent as classmates discussing books and issues. Those were some of the most intellectually challenging and satisfying times of my life. In any case, school may have ended for me but I doubt I'll ever stop learning. Who knows, I may even decide to do post-grad studies a few years down the road.

That's basically how one year of my life went. Funny how it seemed so long when I was living it but that I've managed to summarise it so succinctly. To kick off more beauty/lifestyle posts (and maybe a few travel ones too) I'll do a post on my skincare routine next. I've been more concerned with skincare than make up for the past year and I've definitely seen vast improvements. My new routine revolves around:

- Bioderma Créaline H2O Solution micellaire (HG facial wash/make up remover; used more than 8 of these 500ml bottles)
- Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion
- Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Cream
- Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_EX (used once a week)
- Bioré Makeup Remover for Eye and Lip (been using this for years)
- Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser

I'll let you guys know how I use these products and why I love them in my next post(s)!


Rachel loves sharing about the beautiful things in life from different perspectives. She writes on beauty and lifestyle in Cherchez Beauté , and does more abstract stuff on Antelune . When she's not writing, she's playing with her dog Holly, doodling and reading fiction. You can follow her on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .